|Registration Deadline:||September 03, 2022 30 days ago|
|To apply for Funding you must register by:||May 30, 2022 4 months ago|
|Location:||MSRI: Simons Auditorium, Atrium|
- Lara Anderson (Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University)
- Sherry Gong (Texas A&M University)
- Christopher Kottke (New College of Florida)
- Jason Lotay (University of Oxford)
- Ciprian Manolescu (Stanford University)
- Rafe Mazzeo (Stanford University)
- Tomasz Mrowka (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
- Olga Plamenevskaya (State University of New York, Stony Brook)
- Laura Schaposnik (University of Illinois at Chicago)
- Song Sun (University of California, Berkeley)
- Alex Waldron (University of Wisconsin-Madison; University of California, Berkeley)
- Thomas Walpuski (Humboldt-Universität)
- Katrin Wehrheim (University of California, Berkeley)
This will be a hybrid workshop with in-person participation by members of the semester-long program and speakers. Online participation will be open to all who register.
The workshop will highlight the utility and impact of gauge theory in other areas of math. Mini-courses will cover the historical utility and impact of gauge theory in areas including low-dimensional topology, algebraic geometry, and the analysis of PDE; additional talks will cover more recent directions.
Seiberg-Witten Floer homology
To apply for funding, you must register by the funding application deadline displayed above.
Students, recent Ph.D.'s, women, and members of underrepresented minorities are particularly encouraged to apply. Funding awards are typically made 6 weeks before the workshop begins. Requests received after the funding deadline are considered only if additional funds become available.
MSRI has a preferred rates at the Hotel Shattuck Plaza, depending on room availability. Guests can call the hotel's main line at 510-845-7300 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Institute discount. To book online visit this page. Click on "Promo/Corporate Code" at the top of the page and enter the code MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
MSRI has preferred rates at the Graduate Berkeley, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 510-845-8981. When making reservations, guests must request the MSRI preferred rate. Enter in the Promo Code MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
MSRI has preferred rates at the Berkeley Lab Guest House, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 510-495-8000 or directly on their website. Select "Affiliated with the Space Sciences Lab, Lawrence Hall of Science or MSRI." When prompted for your UC Contact/Host, please list Chris Marshall (email@example.com).
MSRI has a preferred rates at Easton Hall and Gibbs Hall, depending on room availability. Guests can call the Reservations line at 510-204-0732 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Inst. rate. To book online visit this page, select "Request a Reservation" choose the dates you would like to stay and enter the code MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
Additional lodging options may be found on our short term housing page.
Aug 29, 2022
Aug 30, 2022
Aug 31, 2022
Sep 01, 2022
Sep 02, 2022