|Registration Deadline:||October 16, 2009 over 13 years ago|
|To apply for Funding you must register by:||July 12, 2009 almost 14 years ago|
Show List of Speakers
- Daniele Alessandrini (Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg)
- Matthew Baker (Georgia Institute of Technology)
- Arkady Berenstein (University of Oregon)
- Lucia Caporaso (Terza Università di Roma)
- Filip Cools
- Alex Esterov
- Alexander Fink (School of Mathematical Sciences, Queen Mary, University of London)
- Sergey Fomin (University of Michigan)
- Walter Gubler
- Michael Joswig (TU Berlin)
- Eric Katz (Ohio State University)
- Gleb Koshevoy
- Hannah Markwig (Eberhard-Karls-Universität Tübingen)
- Sam Payne (University of Texas, Austin)
- Zhenhua Qu
- Thorsten Theobald
- Annette Werner
- Josephine Yu (Georgia Institute of Technology)
This workshop will concentrate on tropical methods in Combinatorics and Algebra. Some of the topics we expect to explore are:
- Tropical ideas in combinatorial linear algebra, such as tropical convexity, tropical linear spaces and oriented matroids, tropical matrix algebra and its applications.
- Tropical methods in combinatorial representation theory, including both discovery of new formulas and improved understanding of old ones.
- Computational issues, including both how to compute tropical objects and how to use tropical tools in other computational settings.
- Applications of tropical methods in algebraic statistics.
Accomodations: A block of rooms has been reserved at the Rose Garden Inn. Reservations may be made by calling 1-800-992-9005 OR directly on their website. Click on Corporate at the bottom of the screen and when prompted enter code MATH (this code is not case sensitive). By using this code a new calendar will appear and will show MSRI rate on all room types available. The cut-off date for reservations is September 25, 2009. A block of rooms has been reserved at the Hotel Durant. Please mention the workshop name and reference the following code when making reservations via phone, fax or e-mail: 0910MSRITR. The cut-off date for reservations is September 11, 2009. The rate is $129 per night plus tax. New, completely renovated Hotel Shattuck Plaza has rooms available for you as well! Click here to book online Or, you can make reservations calling the main line, 510-845-7300, and asking for the rate for the MSRI Tropical Geometry in Combinatorics and Algebra. The room rate is $119 per night plus tax. We also hold a block of rooms at the Doubletree Hotel. Please mention the MSRI as a reference when making reservations by calling 510-548-7920 OR directly on their website. The Doubletree Hotel offers complementary shuttle to and from MSRI. The room rate is $99 per night.Show less
To apply for funding, you must register by the funding application deadline displayed above.
Students, recent Ph.D.'s, women, and members of underrepresented minorities are particularly encouraged to apply. Funding awards are typically made 6 weeks before the workshop begins. Requests received after the funding deadline are considered only if additional funds become available.
MSRI does not hire an outside company to make hotel reservations for our workshop participants, or share the names and email addresses of our participants with an outside party. If you are contacted by a business that claims to represent MSRI and offers to book a hotel room for you, it is likely a scam. Please do not accept their services.
MSRI has preferred rates at the Hotel Shattuck Plaza, depending on room availability. Guests can call the hotel's main line at 510-845-7300 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Institute discount. To book online visit this page (the MSRI rate will automatically be applied).
MSRI has preferred rates at the Graduate Berkeley, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 510-845-8981. When making reservations, guests must request the MSRI preferred rate. Enter in the Promo Code MSRI123 (this code is not case sensitive).
MSRI has preferred rates at the Berkeley Lab Guest House, depending on room availability. Reservations may be made by calling 510-495-8000 or directly on their website. Select "Affiliated with the Space Sciences Lab, Lawrence Hall of Science or MSRI." When prompted for your UC Contact/Host, please list Chris Marshall (email@example.com).
MSRI has a preferred rates at Easton Hall and Gibbs Hall, depending on room availability. Guests can call the Reservations line at 510-204-0732 and ask for the MSRI- Mathematical Science Research Inst. rate. To book online visit this page, select "Request a Reservation" choose the dates you would like to stay and enter the code MSRI (this code is not case sensitive).
Additional lodging options may be found on our short term housing page.
Show Directions to Venue
Oct 12, 2009
Oct 13, 2009
Oct 14, 2009
Oct 15, 2009
Oct 16, 2009