Application Deadline: December 1, 2022
For 2023-24, MSRI will appoint 6-8 Postdoctoral Fellowships to each of the programs. Fellowship applications are reviewed by program organizers and the Broadening Participation Advisory Committee, who recommend finalists to the Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC) for approval at its January meeting. Awards will be announced by early February.
These awards provide support for five months, including a monthly stipend, a travel subsidy for one round-trip from your current institution, and research travel funds. Health insurance is also provided. Postdoctoral Fellows cannot receive any other monetary compensation during their PD fellowship at MSRI. In addition, MSRI's postdoctoral program has some endowed fellowships. There is no need to apply separately for these positions. Awards will be made competitively, from nominees submitted by the organizing committees of the programs.
Junior researchers who will be in their second or third year of an NSF postdoctoral fellowship are not eligible to apply for an MSRI postdoctoral fellowship. Such researchers are welcome to apply for a regular research membership, specifying that they are an NSF postdoctoral Fellow.
Simultaneous NSF Postdoc applicant: For junior researchers who are simultaneously applying for a postdoctoral fellowship at the NSF and at MSRI, the following rules apply:
- The NSF application must include MSRI as a possible site for research
- As part of the NSF application, the proposed mentor must describe in his/her letter of support why and how being at MSRI for the duration of the program would be beneficial to the postdoctoral fellow
- The MSRI application must mention the separate application to the NSF
- Fellows must hold a Ph.D. at the beginning of the program
- The Ph.D. must have been awarded on or after August 31, 2018
- Fellows must be in residence for the duration of the program (no exception possible)
- Fellows cannot receive any other monetary compensation during their fellowship at MSRI
The application is to be completed online at the MathJobs website. Please carefully read the instructions on the website before completing the form. Be sure to specify the program to which you are applying on MathJobs.
Application Material Required:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Publication List
- Additional materials as described in the application on MathJobs
- 3 Reference Letters (to be submitted by the reference writers)