UC Berkeley Campus Shuttles and Public Transit Routes
From the San Francisco Airport / Oakland Airport
- MSRI's location via Google Maps
- Area map
- Parking information
Construction Notification: From November 2022 through June 2024, access to MSRI/SLMath via Centennial Drive will be partially limited to one-lane traffic during the UC Berkeley Centennial Bridge project construction. High level information about the schedule may be found on the project website, and SLMath will alert visitors to specific dates of access interruptions as they are scheduled. Cars, shuttles, and bicycles will still be able to use this road throughout this time period, but some traffic delays may occur. The location of construction is between the UC Berkeley Botanical Garden and the Lawrence Hall of Science.
Driving DirectionsFrom South, North, West (San Francisco): Get to the 80 (East or West), exit on University Avenue and drive away from the Bay. Follow University Avenue to its end. Turn left onto Oxford street, then right onto Hearst Avenue. At the second light, turn right onto Gayley Road (on the UCB campus). Take the first left onto Stadium Rim Way, and the first left onto Centennial Drive (which goes away from the Memorial Stadium). Signs now indicate the direction of MSRI. Centennial Drive goes up up up, past the UC Botanical Garden, Lawrence Berkeley National Labs, and the Lawrence Hall of Science. Past the Lawrence Hall of Science, the road curves sharply right and up. MSRI's parking spaces are in the uppermost 2 rows of the parking lots after this curve. (Parking information)
Campus Shuttles and Public Transit Routes
- UC Berkeley Hill Shuttle schedule
- View all UC Berkeley shuttle schedules
- View a map of all Bus Routes to MSRI
From San Francisco International Airport (SFO) / Oakland International Airport (OAK)
Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART): Downtown Berkeley Station
- From SFO: The San Francisco Airport BART station is located in the International Terminal at SFO (follow signs). Take a train bound for Richmond or Antioch, and get off at the Downtown Berkeley station.
- From OAK: The Oakland Airport BART station is located just across from the Terminal 1 baggage claim area and a short walk from Terminal 2. Take the AirTram shuttle train to BART Coliseum Station (8 minutes), then transfer to a Richmond-bound train. Get off at the Downtown Berkeley station.
Shuttle, Car, and Shared Ride Services
View all options for app-based ride services, charter transportation, shared ride services, and taxis via the airport websites:
- San Francisco Airport: www.flysfo.com/to-from/ground-transportation
- Oakland Airport: www.oaklandairport.com/ground-transportation/
DisclaimerThis information is provided as a matter of service only and users of this list must do business with companies at their own risk. MSRI shall not be liable for any errors or omissions made in the compilation of this list. When available, a coupon may be enclosed as a small gesture of saving to our visitors and not as an endorsement of a particular company.